Friday, June 1, 2018

Squirrel Nuts




The following is the absolute truth I swear
I was at the golf course this afternoon
Polishing my single digit handicap a little
(Alright I have lied already
But this is the last time honest!)

I was sitting at a picnic table
Outside the clubhouse
Enjoying a healthy sandwich
(Okay it was a hot dog with everything.)
And I couldn’t help but notice
There were at least a dozen squirrels
Within fifty feet of me

They were all playing Squirrel Nuts
Some were looking
Some were burying
Some were digging up
Some were eating

I don’t know
I was thinking they were all a little confused
"Acting squirrelly" you might say
It made me think of our 535+1
Maybe they are all playing Squirrel Nuts too

Don’t forget though
It’s all our fault
We put those particular squirrels there

No comments: