Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Dakota Summer


1970 - Phoenix, AZ
It was a sixties summer...1967
Peace, war, love, hate
It was all in the air

But that Dakota night I was
Driven by peace and love
To that hilltop nightclub
And your table
To ask you to “...dance with me”
And we have never stopped

First we were friends
And then your heart so big
It found love for me

Then war and hate called 
And I had to go
To serve the cause
Right or wrong

But the distance made our love
Phoenix, Arizona - With sheepdog,
"Mopsy's Aerial Motions"
Grow stronger
And I carried your beauty
In my heart

Then the many years of work and school
Together 
All the while your beauty
All the while your forgiveness
All the while your tenderness
All the while your love

Along the way you gave me a son and daughter
Both captured your beauty 
And your heart

Son Tyler and Daughter Samantha Campbell
We mellowed to togetherness
A bond formed 
From your hard work
From your patience

Now we are in
The September of our years
And I have never loved you more
I will never love you less

I want to dance with you again 
As we did that Dakota night
Many years ago
And I will

I want to hold you again 
As I did that Dakota night
And I will

Your beauty is all around me
Every day, every minute of my life 

I Love you
My inspiration
My hero  
My heart  

No comments: