Thursday, October 23, 2008

Wrong Number

Eight-ball:  " Joe's Pool Hall, Eight Ball speaking."
Cue-ball:    "Well, I was looking for Nine Ball."
Eight-ball:  "You must have the wrong number".
Cue Ball:    "You mean I missed it by a silly digit?"
Eight-ball:  "Digit, Widget, Whatever you  missed it."
Cue-ball:    "The correct number then... can you give me a cue?...I mean clue?"
Eight-ball:  "I can but I don't want to. Nine-ball is always after me."
Cue Ball:    "Don't be petty, it's just the sequence, it's nothing personal."
Eight-ball:  "Look Cue Ball,  all I can say is 'Hit Me With Your Best Shot."
Cue-ball:    "You called it.  I am going to put so much English on you, the spin will  make you fly off the rail, off your table, onto the next table and right in the corner pocket... nothin' but net."

Chalk one up.

No comments: