Wednesday, May 19, 2010

"If I Were President"

"If I were President
I woed make shore that
ivrething was fare
and I woed make shore that
ivreone had pece and
ckwit. and for kids I'd care."

Samantha Marie Campbell, February 24, 1995

Yes, it is framed.
Yes, it proudly hangs in my office.
Yes, one day it will hang in her office.

(She did this three months after her 6th birthday... learning phonetic spelling in school. Note the birthmark on her mirror side - there is no mistaking it is her.  Also note the Lincolnesque beard, will have to caution her about ways to prevent this but I do like that hat as well as those mighty fine campaign promises.)

5 comments:

Annie said...

Wonderful! I've kept every school project my son's every done since Kindergarten, I think. Many years later, the phonetic spelling from those early years is always fun to decipher.

Annie said...

"ever" done!

TomC said...

Thank you Annie. Samantha has grown to quite the lady, very much in the modern sense.

Annie said...

Hi Tom,
Your Life & Times Photo Album is great. Thanks for posting it. You have a beautiful family!

TomC said...

Thanks Annie!... Yes, I am a lucky dawg no doubt about it. I tried to put another, Harley related album on the other blog but Google won't let me... somehow doesn't recognize them as separate in this instance. Fun playing with this stuff anyway!