Friday, May 18, 2012

Manure

Circa 1970
Steer that is...steer manure
More commonly known as "BS"
"Till 5-6 inches into the soil."
That's the recipe for our annual tomato patch
Four plants this year

I have to work up the gumption to get out there
But when I do
I actually enjoy it
And the honest sweat from my brow

I am thinking that tilling the soil
Binds you to the earth
It's a good feeling

Maybe I should have been a farmer
Nah, I like donuts too much
I should have been a cop

But then, I want to be a custom chopper builder
And a professional poker player
Plus I want to be a Dad (a good one) to 50 more kids

Kids like Tyler and Samantha 
(I'll do better for you I promise!)
And I want a couple dozen Goldies
Running around in the south forty

And I want to marry Julieann Marie
No wait... that part is a done deal

OK, OK... maybe I should be applying the shovel
To the BS right here
Instead of in the tomato patch

No comments: