Friday, June 29, 2012

I Don't Know His Name

An affable fellow
Tall, fit
Married to a younger Asian lady
I have seen him (and her)
Many times in our local gym over the years
We have often exchanged pleasantries
He asked about the different Harley shirts I wear
"Have you been to all those places?"
"Yes, I am a fanatic about the ride,
And picking up souvenir t-shirts."
He said; "It is good to have a passion."
He is a friend
I don't even know his name

A courageous lady
A serious limp
A condition...
For years, the hardest working person in our gym
Works the bikes to 20 miles
The machines to a heavy sweat
A twinkle in her eye
A wonderful smile
We have often exchanged pleasantries
Returning quickly to the gym tasks at hand
I would like to be her friend
I don't even know her name

When our lives are full...
How do others fit?


No comments: