Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Ine" Baby!

Yes, I'm back at it.
I am digging into another of Ayn Rand's works.

This time, its "The Fountainhead"
First published in 1943, it preceded "Atlas Shrugged" by fourteen years.

So here's the deal, I'm about a hundred pages into this mini-opus.

The main character, Roark, is an architect of sorts.
This guy is no namby pamby... no Sir!
He is a bad-ass of the first degree.
I just saw that Cooper played him in a movie of the same name.
I will have to check it out but yea, the "Coop" could probably pull it off.

Through the first hundred pages,
I have to say I have been immersed in the finest dialogue I have ever read.
"Ine" hit this one out of the park...
To think she did it almost sixty years ago!

I wish she was still alive and writing today.
We would all be on pins and needles awaiting her next magnificent work.

It won't be long, you will be able to find it in large boxes in the book section...
for sale at Costco for $15.79 - mark my words on this.

No comments: