Monday, September 14, 2009

The Perfect Appletini...

... is dead.
Dead I tell ya'!

I would walk into Wasabi Restaurant
A Thai and Japanese place
In Cary, North Carolina

For starters I would order an Appletini
It was the first place I ever ordered one
The waiter would walk to my table with it
A perfect sense of balance
For the glass was filled to the absolute top

It was clear, with a few pieces of shaved ice floating on top
I was unable to pick it up without spilling a little
I would clean up the spills
Then sip that puppy to my hearts content

Delicious and rare in its quality of taste and presentation
I really wouldn't order it anywhere else as I have found
Others are a disappointment in comparison

Then, not long ago
I returned to wonder again
At this artful cocktail
The serving was a good half inch short of full
(Right where many would argue my brain typically is)
The mixture was cloudy as opposed to clear
There was no shaved ice afloat in the concoction
To top it off the Thai beef fried rice was bland

When finished and having paid I asked for the manager
The man who walked up was the very same who mixed my drink
I told him anyway
As nicely as I could
Because I hoped to return one day
And find that perfect martini
Still alive

I few days later I was there for lunch
And noticed the bartender, different, was the one
Who had prepared those amazing drinks
For me in the past
There is hope for my return after all!!

No comments: