Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Thine Eyes

Thine eyes
Oft blight
Strike the piercing glare
That cast my eyes to the ground

Then rise to blink away tears
Fix the sound to its direction
Shift thine eyes to meet the coming

Mark with bold stare
Amuse your muse
Any one of nine

Spread your cloak to cover
Shelter your students from the chill stare
Protect your pupil's pupils

Quickly set the look
Of thine eyes
Let the glare beware

(Nope... Absolutely no idea what this means... even though my fingers struck the keys to set it in story.)



2 comments:

Annie said...

Hmmm... I don't know whether to be scared by this poem, or impressed. It does conjure up images, and a mood, but the poem is light enough, it reminds me of the fun of Halloween. "Oft blight" makes a good opening line.

Is the poem Ayn Rand induced? (I haven't read her in so many years, I forget the tone of her books, but I remember them as being stark.)

TomC said...

Thank you for your comment Annie. I don't know what to make of it either. Just playing around in the vein of something I saw Jack write. It was in reference to Robert Frost who apparently said he didn't understand some of his own work. And,in another vein, a pal of mine, Laurie S. who said; "It's whatever you want it to be". That is what it is.