Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Taken... By The Wind... By The Wave

This I write:

Spring and leaves grow
To capture the sun
And nurture the tree's trunk

Autumn and the winds take
Leaves to the ground
Weakest first

Wind makes way
For the leaves of spring
And live begins anew

When it is time for me to fall
I hope to look up and see you
Lingering
Stronger than others

Selfish I know.


And this written by another: Epilogue (Author Unknown)


With twig in hand
I wrote in the sand,

"Darling I Love Thee!"

Then a wave from the ocean grey
Washed my token of love away.

Frail twig
Tender letter
Cruel, cruel wave

Ah, but then I would pluck from the forest
The tallest tree
Dip its tip in the molten Vesuvius
And write across the sky
In flaming letters,

"DARLING I LOVE THEE!!"

And I would like to see any damn wave wash that away...

2 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Tom,

Wonderful declarations of love! Did you write the first part? I like the sentiment with the wind giving way for the leaves of spring; and the idea of falling and wanting those you love to stay strong and keep growing, which is not selfish at all.

TomC said...

Thank you Annie... Yes, I wrote the first part... it kind of struck me as I was cleaning up what are almost the last of the leaves from the mulberry yesterday. There are still a few 'die-hards' up there hanging on.

The second part circulated sometime way back when Jack and I were kids in Lime City - it some how stuck so I figured I would get it recorded in the Internet version of posterity.