Thursday, February 17, 2011

It Was A Dark And Stormy...

... morning.
Molly Campbell; avid rider, chaser, chewer, wagger
and biscuit eater. 

And I was heading out for my occasional
(Wish it could be several times a week.)
Texas hold-em poker tourney.

Molly loves to ride with me anywhere I go.
In fact she gets pretty pumped up about it.
(She likes to drool on my dash and stare at things.)

I decided not to take her.
If I did well in the tourney
She could have ended up sitting in the car
For three hours or more.

Whenever any of us leave Molly alone in the house or backyard
We always give her a large biscuit to sooth her feelings.
(Yeah its snake-in-the-grass trickery I know.)

This morning, as I handed her a biscuit
She was looking with disgust into the garage
And at my car saying;
"I don't want no damn biscuit,
I want to go along!"

I swear... that's what she said.

1 comment:

Annie said...

She's a smart dog.