Monday, July 18, 2011

'Neath The Fruitless Mulberry Tree

We circled her base with lights
Once for Christmas
Now can't bear to take them down
I repose, I suppose
'Neath the fruitless mulberry tree
Only to find rapture
In a cool summer Delta breeze
That often caresses the Sacramento area
In just the right places

Molly, the Worlds Greatest Goldie
Savors her new tennis ball
In a rooted cradle
'Neath the fruitless mulberry tree

Long shadows provide perfect contrast
Between tree, grass, plants and structures
I begin to wax poetic... to mark the evening
A mood feared by many

This Powder Keg 2009 Cabernet
Aint' too shabby either!

The green tin frog agrees...
With these observations
The Green Tin Frog helps Molly keep an eye on things
in the South Forty
Of the damn fine things in life
I make note that it is speechless with admiration.
Isn't it!?

I named it "Herb" after all those frogs
Jack Sender killed in Ohio
He claims he didn't do it
He claims they went missing
But the truth rides in on the Delta breeze
'Neath the fruitless mulberry tree

Just between you and me
And Molly of course
Because she presides
'Neath the mulberry tree
And Molly knows her frogs

As well as her "Cereal Killers"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful.

Byron Geer said...

The Mulberry tree,
So friendly to me;
A fine Cabernet,
At the end of the day;
A frog on the table,
Trying to speak but unable;
Brings peace to me,
Under the Mulberry tree.

B. Atlee Geer

TomC said...

Thank you "Anonymous" and thank you Atlee... for the damn fine summary poem!