Monday, August 20, 2018

Deadwood, SD and The Man, Scott Jacobs

It was the Black Hills famous 2018 Sturgis Rally,
Julieann and I had headed there to visit family
And tour some old familiar places

As part, I got to wander the main drag of Deadwood

Famous mining town
And site of the
Assassination of Wild Bill Hickok
By the villain "Crooked Nose" Jack McCall

There were a bunch of Harleys
Lining and cruising the drag
And all the shops were geared for
Serious tourist time
The best though
And one I had not seen before
Scott Jacobs and a fan.
Was the Scott Jacobs Art Gallery


I have been a fan of Scott's Harley
And related art for a long time
Scott is a great photo-realism artist
He has been the first official artist
For the Harley Davidson Motor Company
For many years

So I was happy to see his large establishment
Right there on Main Street
I got pretty busy
Admiring the works of Scott
And other artists he features
Including members of his family.

While there I thought I recognized him
I introduced myself
And thanked him for his work
He had a natural, friendly nature
And readily agreed to autograph
A book of his works on sale there
Thanks for the inscription!
He even asked if there were "others
I would like" to include
So I named off our gang
And he happily obliged


One of Scott's New Works



No comments: