Sunday, November 21, 2021

The P.I.M.P.

Once upon a time, I was walking through the parking lot at our local grocery store when a black man who was watching me said; "Hey man, did you hurt your leg or is that your pimp walk?"  I laughed and said; "Both!"  Yes, it is a gimp right leg I've been hauling around for a lot of years but it doesn't hurt. Probably just a nerve or something.  When asked about it outright I typically reply; "It's my sympathy limp." and that is good for a laugh.

This is about a movement that is not gimp leg related though...PIMP is an acronym for the Pushup Institute of ex-Military Personnel, hereafter known as the "Tute."  As such, the Tute has promulgated certain guidelines for pushup completion that naturally changes as a person progresses toward septuagenarian status and beyond;

1. Age 0-15 - none expected - just crawl baby crawl

2. Age 15-45 - elbows at 60 degrees, face in the mud, straighten up then repeat

3. Age 45-70 - elbows at 45 degrees, huffing and puffing permitted

4. Age 70+ - elbows at 15 degrees, smelling salts to begin, or if you are a politician, adderall.  Prayer recommended. Also recommended; Rescue personnel standing by to help you to your feet.

Okay, okay I made that all up but hey, it is elder entitlement to just make things up right?!

Anyway I did it and here it is...the 2021 winner of the official P.I.M.P Institute Badge of Merit.  Click on that puppy...

76@76


 

No comments: