Monday, March 9, 2009

Murder on Las Cruces


With customary innocence
I approached the refrigerator
Opened the freezer side
For ice cream to top off my apple crisp

A tray, placed just so on top
Came crashing down upon me
While She rested in our bedroom
With television and book

I slipped the blow from above
And muttered "SOB, She just tried to kill me."
Quietly so as not to disturb our daughter
Napping in bed beside Her

I replaced the tray, retrieved my ice cream
And before dishing it
Went to the bedroom to see if She was 
Tallying life  insurance coverage

Instead She was stifling laughter
Trying to keep from cracking up
After just being responsible 
For trying to crack me up... literally

If you hear of my demise
From some unexplained accident
You will know where
To cast your first suspicions

A sinister deed... Indeed

No comments: