Monday, November 2, 2009

Hot. Rod. Lincoln.

From the song made famous by Commander Cody and His Long Lost Airmen..."My Pappy said, Son, you will drive me to drinkin'
If you don't stop drivin' that Hot.
Rod.
Lincoln."

But now Pappy is gone
And Hertz of New Orleans
Screwed up my reservation
So they gave me a Hot Rod Lincoln

For two weeks
A MarkZ that is.
My pedal is to the metal
And I am grinning

Power
By the hour
Or rather by the day
Suits me

They gave that luxury hot rod
To the wrong renter
I am having a ball
If I don't get a ticket

Something's wrong here in Red Stick, Louisiana

PS for Big Bad Bobby Bunker...
You will want to know what I had for dinner
Again and again.
It was Acme's Oyster House

One glass of Newcastle Brown
One dozen char-grilled oysters
One serving of Cherries Jubilee
A decaf coffee back

There is a heaven on earth Bobby
It is inside of any Acme Oyster House

No comments: