Friday, November 27, 2009

NOLA Sky

Interstate 10 - Red Stick to NOLA
5:45 AM
Thanksgiving Eve

Traffic is steady at 80+
Sun is rising to my eyes
Straight ahead view is framed...

Smooth straight four lane highway on the bottom
Dense southern forest on right and left
Candy Apple roof line of Hot. Rod. Lincoln. On top

Sky runs grey to red
From bottom to top
With purple, yellow, green and blue in between

Splashed by at least three
Different types of cloud formations

It is the Divine Painter reminding me
That I am damn glad to be here.

(Note: the sunrise you see is actually in Australia... but you get my drift right?!)

2 comments:

Annie said...

I love the photograph! I thought you'd taken it, until I got to the end. It's a perfect illustration for your sunrise. I hope you and your family had a great Thanksgiving!

TomC said...

Thank you Annie we did. The whole gang in the same place at the same time. Hope yours was terrific as well.