Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Heart Warrior

Sarcastic, cynical, pedantic.

You will hear this
But you won't believe it
It is not part of you
It is just a top skim
A brief look

Reality is buried within
Checked for later
(be sure to keep your stub)

It is just communication after all
Like everyone else
On the outside
You don't always get it right

But within you it is always
True to the target
A laser from the heart
To one you love
To one you care about
To one you admire
To one you love again

A heart warrior
You keep firing them constantly
You wish you could hit them all
But you only hit a few

At least that is what you sense
From the responses
Or the lack thereof

It stems from a desire to touch
With impact
A desire to reach hearts
And remain
With affection

Consider these lyrics:

"I'm a gonna hit that bar
Goin downtown again.
I really need to hit that bar
And I'm gonna take Fair Oaks Boulevard

I feel like I'm someone prepared to get down
And I need that something gonna' turn my frown upside down.

I feel like I'm someone prepared to get down... and I need that something right now"

("Downtown Again", Copyright, 2008, Arden Park Roots/Tyler Thomas Campbell, www.ardenparkroots.com)

Someone else's lasers
Fired with the same intensity

I'm gonna do a better job
Of picking up on someone else's sincerity
I'm gonna avoid hanging labels

Spare the Sarcasm
Spare the Cynicism
Humor the Pedantic
I'll try.


1 comment:

C.W. Spooner said...

Well done, Tom. Are you being hard on yourself, my friend? Don't do it. You're the best.