Sunday, December 21, 2008

Sunday Morning... Going Down


A month or two ago Berkeley Breathed penned his last "Opus" cartoon for the Sunday papers.

From a personal standpoint there is grave significance to this.  You see, for some time my Sunday morning routine consisted of reading the paper front to back while saving the frosting on the cake, the comics, for last.  

(I should point out here that our paper, the Sacramento Bee, recently downsized the paper and changed to a density that resembles tissue.  This means when you open it to read... it flops all over the place like a limp ____.  This is  another sure sign of our depressed economic times, but that is another story.)

Anyway, when I read the comics I only focused on four; Dilbert, Doonesbury, Pearls Before Swine and the comic of all comics... Opus.  

Now that it is gone, my Sunday mornings are a shell of what they once were.  I am incomplete.  I don't know what I am going to do to fill this cavernous gap in my day.  Maybe I will write a blog... nah.      

1 comment:

C.W. Spooner said...

Good one, Tom. I too will miss Opus.

Chuck